Highland Feeders Ltd.
Box 400 Vegreville AB T9C 1R4
Location: approximately 25 km’s north of Vegreville, AB
Position Title: General Farm Worker
Number Positions Available: 5
Terms of Employment:
The primary responsibility of general farm worker is to help with the day to day activities at a beef feedlot operation.
- Monitor the health of the bovine animals.
- Treat the animals, as needed, while following safe and proper procedures.
- Move and sort animals, while practicing low stress cattle handling.
- Feed and bed.
- Maintain farming equipment.
- Fencing, fence repair, and construction.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Cattle handling skills
- Knowledge of Cattle
- Horseman ship – pen riding
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Previous work experience and/or specific formal training/education are required for this position.
Work environment and Schedule:
The position will require outside work in cold and hot conditions. The General Farm Worker will report to the Livestock and or the Operations Manager. No structured schedule will be in place. Long, irregular hours should be expected. This position will require flexibility and the schedule may change from time to time.
Terms of Employment and Compensation:
- Starting wage is based on experience, 50 hours per week Monday to Sunday – schedule being flexible.
- Benefit coverage for Health, Dental and Long Term Disability commencing after waiting period. The employee contribution to benefits is determined annually and as wage’s change.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter via fax:1-780-768-3888 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Attention: Denise.